TRAINING AND RESEARCH
Recognizing the critical role research plays in providing optimum care to our patients, we continue to collaborate with research institutes to develop new and improved diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology procedures.
Ongoing Research at Spectra Health
- Coronary Artery Calcium Score and Cardiovascular Disease Outcomes in Asymptomatic Black African population- A cohort study.
- Combination of CT-guided percutaneous laser disc decompression and 3 times CT guided nerve block for management of discogenic radiculopathy- an initial experience.
- Post procedural patient monitoring for CT interventions- safety of a novel approach.
We provide continuous medical education for physicians, nurses and other allied health personnel. We also undertake Hands-On-Training for radiologists in and outside the country. Our training program spans Interventional Radiologic and Minimal Invasive Procedures including:
- CT guided Laser Disc Decompression
- Nerve blocks
Spectra Health is accredited by the Ghana Medical and Dental Council to provide Continuous Medical Education (CME).
Our CME is aimed at providing an update of techniques, indications and diagnostic strategies.
The Case-based lectures will include topics such as:
- Emergency Radiology Update
- MRI Whole Body Diffusion Imaging: A Proven Technology in Oncological Staging, What the Clinician should know
- Cardiovascular Update: Current Trends in Management and Cardiomyopathy
- Gynecological Interventions: Current Status in Ghana
- Dr. George Adom Asafu-Adjaye Frimpong
Consultant Interventional Radiologist
- Dr. Ato Quansah
- Dr. Badu Peprah
- Dr. Amankwah