Also referred to as echo test or heart ultrasound, and it takes “moving pictures” of the heart with sound waves. This test is employed to look at your heart’s structure and check how well your heart is working.
It is a safe procedure which helps to determine the health of a heart muscle especially after a heart attack.
- You have a heart murmur
- You’ve had a heart attack
- You have unexplained chest pains
- You’ve had rheumatic fever
- You have congenital heart defect
- The size and shape of your heart
- How well your heart is working overall
- If a wall or section of your heart muscle is weak and not working correctly
- If you have problems with your heart valve
- If you have a blood clot