Digital mammography uses x-rays to easily detect abnormalities that otherwise may not be viewed clearly with traditional mammography. At Spectra Health, we are committed to finding the most invasive cancers as early as possible.
This is why we have the state-of-the-art Hologic M4 Platinum system to provide only the best service for our patients. We undertake both diagnostic and screening mammography for early detection and management of breast pathologies.
- Screening mammograms is performed within 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allows for the radiologist to capture and manipulate images of the breast such that abnormalities are seen more easily.
- Digital images are immediately available, easily stored and retrieved.
- The digital machine is fast, so patients spend less time in uncomfortable positions.
- Transmission of images is quick and easy